Monday, April 24, 2006

Net Connect Henry Miller

Tribeca Film Festival brings me to Laurie Anderson's new movie Hidden Insider Mountains as well as her cool website which then connects me with the Henry Miller Library in Big Sur which connects me to The 1st Annual Big Sur International Short Film Screening Series.

This then reminds me of my old aquaintance and Henry Miller Library Director Magnus Toren who I recall having great conversations with about old boy Henry and how we could post some of Miller's material on the then rock-star famous Alt-X site. This was way back in the mid-90s when I was actively generating new content for Alt-X every other day, during the rise of the dot.com, a time when we literally had to fight off - swat might be the better word - all of the hungry speculators (yes, I actually turned down a significant six figure offer to grow and build Alt-X, all so that I could continue working on GRAMMATRON without the hassle of "selling out"). Would Henry have been proud?

As Miller himself once famously said:
I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive.

Metadata: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home