Monday, November 27, 2006

Digital Notation

So, since we are no longer making movies but living our lives as if we were dreamwriting a foreign adventure, why not use various materializations of the new media apparatus as a tool ("narrative device") to capture whatever data I find useful for my own pseudo-autobiographical becomings, and to further manipulate that data for my emergent philosophictions that get distributed here in cyberspace?

The idea of using a video camera as a writing instrument to stylize some informal note-taking, was first introduced to me by Jean-Luc Godard back in 1980-81. Since that time, I have also found Agnes Varda's idea of cinécriture quite useful.

An example of something I jotted down on Friday:


Image shot by Mark Amerika Nature Photography



Metadata: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home