Sunday, February 24, 2008

My So-Called Second Life

The coordinators of Dagby, part of the ReadMe collective based out of Switzerland, have invited me to make a virtual appearance in their Second Life "House of Literature" where I will give a short reading from some of my work on Thursday (14:00 EST, 12:00 MST, 09:00 HST).

Since I'm traveling light these days, I think I'll turn to my trusty paperback copy of 29 Inches for most of the reading. I guess a virtual book signing is out of the question.

Second Life now enables voice chat so we'll see how the voices merge and bleed and blip and flicker.

More info on the event is available in German here.

Speaking of Second Life, this is the last week that an exhibition of a public version of my work CODEWORK as well as the DJRABBI-made Society of the Spectacle (A Digital Remix) will be exhibited at the Second Life Ars Virtua New Media Center (the exhibition is also live at the Federation Square outdoor urban screen public space in Melbourne, Australia as part of this mega-project).

I am also connected with an art gallery in SL called Noema though no exhibition is currently planned.


Metadata: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home