Monday, August 13, 2012

The (Conceptual) Artist 2.0

In the unofficial catalog to the Museum of Glitch Aesthetics, the Artist 2.0 is quoted as saying:
"When I see a beautiful scene in front of me, I almost can't believe it. I want to immerse myself in it the way I would a novel or film. But to interrupt my gaga eyes with the purely technical need to capture these environments as streaming images that I then feel compelled to share with my distributed network -- that's when my relationship to nature, to what is seen, becomes problematized. It becomes less about what the artist sees per se and more about what it means to see the way digital devices see, and to respond to ones surroundings with a supplementary machinic vision connected to the network of others I am sharing my life with. Sometimes I call these works Site Unseen."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home